2+3: The Artists’ Organization is a juried group of professional visual artists who work in a wide variety of two and three-dimensional media. Since its founding in 1986, the members have been required to meet specific commitments in order to maintain the group’s quality and strength in service to the arts community in South Florida. Membership drives are held twice a year with application materials due to the Membership Committee in March and October. Read further for details…
Active member requirements are:
1. Active participation on one committee.
2. Exhibition in the group shows.
3. Updating of resume, and support materials in files.
4. Payment of a minimum of $60.00 annual dues.
5. Active participation in the group.
If you are interested in being considered for membership, please mail the following items by March 15 or October 15 (FIRM, NO EXCEPTIONS) to Teresa Kirk, 2+3 Membership Co-Chair, 16935 NW 20th Street, Pembroke Pines, Florida, 33028. If you have any questions feel free to email Teresa Kirk or Nancy Herkert at least one week before the submission deadline. Late submissions will be considered for the following membership drive period.
- A CD with JPEGS (.jpg) format pictures of 10 artworks completed in the last five years. Mark each artwork to correspond with an attached sheet with name, title, size, media, rotate the artwork so the top right corner of the submitted image is actually the top right corner of the artwork.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate postage for the return of your material if you would like them back.
- Please include one 8″ x 10″ or 8.5″ x 11″ color photograph of one work for comparison of color, as some computer monitors tend to distort colors. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORKS.
- Completed membership application. You may either submit answers via the Membership Application Form at the bottom of this page or click here to download and print a .PDF file of the 2+3 membership application to fill in by hand and mail with your package.
- Letter of interest to include why you would like to become a member, and what you believe you can add to the group.
- A non-refundable jurying fee of $20.00 made payable to: 2+3 The Artists’ Organization.
Jurying will be held twice a year in April and November. All artwork images will be shown anonymously to the group members with artistic excellence being the prime criteria for acceptance into the organization. We urge you to submit your very best work. DO NOT SEND ADDITIONAL SUPPORT MATERIALS. You will be judged only by your artwork, Membership Application and letter of interest. If you have any questions or need further information call Teresa Kirk, Membership Co-Chair, on 954-436-2858.
Results of the group jurying will be delivered by email to applicants by mid-April and November of each year. In the meantime, feel free to attend a meeting. They are free and open to the public, except April, November and December or unless we have planned a special event. Check the EVENTS page for our calendar.